To apply for this position, please fax or email your resume and cover letter, including 3 professional references and salary requirements to Jessica Livesay at 503-652-9721 or email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
Location: Company Headquarters – Milwaukie, OR
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Hourly Reviewed Jan 2015
Reports to Office Manager
Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, receiving guests, administrative support to Regional Managers and office staff as well as additional clerical duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer 7 line phone system and direct the caller to the appropriate employee
- Greet and direct visitors to the company
- Provide callers with appropriate company information
- Receive deliveries and pickups from front door
- Construct presentations for Regional Managers via the Customer Relationship Management database
- Customer Relationship Management database support
- Compile Market Track reports and disseminate information appropriately
- Manage pear “assets” such as images, logos, etc.
- Manage info@ email address by answering emails or forwarding to the appropriate employee
- Board Meeting coordination including flights
- Office event coordination
- Website updates and review (ensuring links work, etc.)
- Greeting card circulation and birthday gift coordination
- Mail support for special projects including holiday cards, newsletters, etc.
- Clean kitchen daily
- Copier and printer maintenance
- Holiday greetings when we are closed
- Other projects/duties as needed
Work is reoccurring with variations from regular interruptions by lobby traffic and phones. The norm involves a moderate degree of complexity. Follows established procedures with little to no supervision. Errors in work may damage agency reputation and/or cause financial loss to organization.
Contacts are within the organization and with customers/shippers/vendors from outside the organization. Communication includes face-to-face conversations for lobby business and communication via the internet/email/telephone for shipper relationships. Content of communication and shipper documentation may be confidential in nature.
- Strong attention to detail with superior organizational capabilities
- Currently a notary or the ability to become one.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to use independent judgment and make decisions, often with limited information
- Ability to effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing
- Ability to perform basic math (add, subtract, multiple, divide).
- Ability to meet challenges with professionalism and good humor
- Expert customer service skills
- Flexibility to work both independently and with a team on projects
- Ability to adhere to and demonstrate safe work habits
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Proficient computer skills
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma
One year of administrative and/or receptionist experience
Preferred Education and Experience
Two years of administrative and/or receptionist experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however some filing and lifting is required. This would require the ability to lift 20 pounds as well as bending.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pear Bureau Northwest provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, or any other basis.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write the USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Stop 9410, Washington, DC, 20250-9410, or call toll-free at (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642 (English Federal-relay) or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish Federal-relay).